Pages

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Down Time

Good morning!  I don't know about all of you but I sure love ME time.  My time comes when Connor goes to sleep for a couple hours in the morning between 10am-12:30pm. I get to catch up on reading or whatever.  Mostly I use this time to clean up the house and such, but not today.  I made it a point going  forward that I was going to use some of this time to look for a job and improve my web design / programming skills, so today, I am learning more about blogging and adding to my website that I have been creating www.giuliacci.com.  If any of my friends or family out there would like a family website or blog, or even a professional one, call me.  I am looking to build a portfolio and would love to use you as my guinea pigs.

I went for a 50 minute walk with my friend Kelli today.  Finally, a sunny morning in Tracy.  I love the cold, morning air.  It just wakes me up!  I thought about walking over to pick the kids up from school today too, so that will give me more exercise.  I am down about 7.5 pounds since my Jan 1st start on our Biggest Loser contest.  I am not in it to win it necessarily, although it would be nice.  I know I am up against some tough competition from Kelli.  She can really lose weight quickly, and she has the ability to control herself better and resist much more than I can.  She has a real winning mind.  That is one of the things I like about her.  She has determination!  That's what it takes I guess and I just have to learn to be more determined.  I am motivated but I could always be better.

Anyway, off to my studying for today.  I will share my new site once it is completed.  I can't wait to get a great understanding of the full website design process so I do this on my own or contract somewhere.  I know basic structure, which will help me of course. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment