Pages

Friday, January 21, 2011

Today was a bit trying, but that comes with motherhood I guess...

I woke up today at 7am as usual but this morning was a bit different than the rest.  Connor was grunting a lot in his crib from about 6-7 and I just knew something wasn't quite right with him.  He was especially clingy too.  I couldn't even set him down long enough to change his diaper or his clothes.  Then Elissa comes in my room and tells me she needs to wear college apparel to school for College day today.  We don't have any college gear for our six year old, so I decided to print out the word HARVARD on a paper and tape it to her shirt.  Hey, I do my best!!  Anyway, I did manage to find a safety pin and stuck it to her shirt.  This made her happy, so I got ready and headed downstairs to get the kids going.  Cereal was all over the place and Connor was crying his head off.  I took the kids to school and decided to bypass the gym today because he felt warm to me.  I put him down an hour early because I just couldn't take anymore and my day had just started.  I finally ate my breakfast at 10am but decided to eat light so I could maybe have lunch with my sister, Rachel today.  Here is a picture of my poor sick baby.

I did go to lunch with my sister today and took Connor with me.  We went to Black Bear Diner and I split my lunch with him although he wasn't really eating much.  He still looked terrible and was still clingy.  By the time lunch was over, his fever started getting higher.  This morning it was barely there, but after I came home from picking up the kids from school it was well over 101.  I laid him down for another nap and this time he only slept for 1.5 hours.  Nothing was making him happy today.  Not even Micky Mouse Clubhouse.  I decided to give him some Tylenol and take him downstairs.  I called Dan and he said he was on his way home.  I couldn't wait for a break away!  

Dan came home and I went to the store to buy some fish for dinner and rushed home because Ariana was going to stop here on her way to the dance for some pictures.  This was her first big Dance and she went to her friend's house after school to get ready.  This was an 80's dance.  I can't believe they wouldn't even tease their hair. Big hair was a huge symbol of the 80's.

I just walked in the door and they pulled up.  Out jumped a group of girls.  They were so excited and ready for us to take their picture.  I couldn't help to think back to when I was her age and went to my first dance. I was so excited.  I remember it was a huge deal.  Anyway, they posed and off they went.  I can't wait to hear all about it later.  Here are pictures of Ariana and some of her friends from school.

                             





Well off to take care of Connor...

No comments:

Post a Comment