Pages

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Kids, life, and mood..

This week flew by!  I spent most of the week stressing about the usual stuff.  We had lots going on but what can you expect with four kids!  Most of the week was spent calling contractors over to give us a bid on the loft upstairs. The landlord wanted me to get more estimates, so I had to make sure I kept up on the house all week too! 

Today a guy came over and he was really nice and to me, seemed like he would do the best job.  His design included a closet being built up from the downstairs closet and saving floor space.  If this was my house, I would do it his way.   I hope the landlords pick him because this would give Ariana more room for her stuff and save the floorspace.

A couple days ago the landlord was here too pulling out the Goji berry bushes on the side yard.  Elissa was too cute helping out.  It reminded me of the Karate Kid with Mr. Miagi and his apprentice.  I had to laugh because he was this little Asian man who barely spoke English and he was trying to explain to her how to help with minimal words.  He also took out a tree under the grapevines that was infested with bees.  Yep another bee hive here.  This time we saw that they were the huge black bees who drilled into the tree and made a home out of it for the last year or two.  Come spring I hope we can actually play out there without worrying about getting stung.  Here is a picture of Elissa carrying one of the bushes to the landlords car.  He wanted to save some so he could replant somewhere else since they are so expensive to buy in their current state.



My Weight Loss efforts....

All week long I worked out for over 1 hour per day.  I even watched my calories and I only managed to lose .6 pounds.  I feel so discouraged.  I only lost .6 pounds last week too.  I don't think I will ever lose this weight!  Kelli on the other hand lost another 3+ pounds.  She is at a total of about 15 pounds in 1 month. I guess I will have to even eat less than I have been to lose more.  We will see how this next week goes.

New Furniture Addition

On the bright side, we bought a new couch from Costco which we really like. Finally, the whole family can sit in the family room and watch a movie together.  Here is a picture of our new couch.



We had to move all the other furniture out of the room because it was so massive.  That's is fine though because our front room was pretty empty so, adding the chaise lounge and two tables in there filled it up.  It isn't the best fit, but it works ok and the kids like it.

Well off to do my Saturday errands.  I hope all of you have a wonderful weekend.  I wanted to give a shout out to my Mom.  Happy Birthday Momma!  xoxo :)

1 comment:

  1. I like the new couch! Don't get discouraged about the weight. It's HARD! I have only lost and then gained. Do the challenge for this upcoming week. We can do it together! I'll be an encouragement to you, and you can for me. The prize for the challenge is a $10 Amazon or Target gift card!

    ReplyDelete